Terms and packages for Hunting
- The term "Hunter" implies a person that is hunting with his/her own weapon inside a hunting camp.
- The hunt of at least 2x small animals chosen from the following:
Bush pig/Warthog/Impala/Blesbuck/Ostrich and / or
- The hunt of at least 1x large animal chosen from the following:
- Giraffe/Sable/Buffalo are only hunted if booked beforehand.
- Day fees for hunters and non-hunters are the same.
- Pre-schoolers - free and Primary school kids- 50%
- Accommodation & hunting facilities for foreign clients on request.
- Ice & wood is provided.
- All units are maintained daily.
- No using of own vehicles or 4wheel bikes are allowed.
- A deposit of 50% of accommodation to confirm booking. If a cancellation is made, your deposit will be forfeited.
- We are a VAT registered company, VAT has to be added.
- Arrival: 10:00
- Departure: 11:00
- Vlakpan & Ameland has neat, clean cooling rooms where carcases are cooled and processed according to your specifications.
- No private use of these facilities is allowed.
- Meat processing tariff @ R24 per kg carcass weight.
- We have the skills to process your meat into high-quality products.
- Only Crown spices, traditional recipes and 'vetstert skaapvet' is used in the processing.
- Processing tariff includes processing, drying, packaging and freezing of your meat.
- Clients are responsible for collecting their meat and products.
- Hunting takes place in accordance with all legal aspects and ordinances.
- Each hunter will sign an indemnity form.
- All hunters will have to prove accuracy of firearms on the shooting range.
- Hunting takes place on the "walk & stalk" principle.
- No hunting from vehicles.
- No hunting without a guide.
- Hunters and guides are picked up and dropped off at certain points.
- All guides are equipped with two-way radios.
- No hunting at feeding or drinking areas.
- No hunter under the influence of alcohol will be allowed to hunt.
- We drink at the camp and hunt in the field, we do not mix the two.
- Weapon safety is the hunter's responsibility and appropriates in all respects.
- Weapons are locked in a safe after every hunting session.
- Hunting takes place from first light to 17:00.
- Familiarise yourself with calibre size and species to be hunted. Calibres smaller than .243 (6 mm) are not allowed.
- Your guide is a helper regarding sight, hearing and identifying of game. The responsibility of what is hunted is solely the responsibility of the shooter.
- Game hunted is loaded immediately after radio contact and transported to the slaughterhouse.
- Hunters must make all arrangements regarding the carcase beforehand or via radio contact.
- Two hunting sessions take place daily 6:00 – 11:00 and 14:00 – 17:00.
- No night hunts or hunting on Sundays / Christian holidays.
- Missed shots @ 15% of animal's price.
- You pay full price if you wound the animal.
- Species not to be hunted: Steenbok, Duiker, Gemsbok and White Blesbuck.
- A deposit of 50% of accommodation to confirm booking. If a cancellation is made, the deposit is forfeited.
- We are a VAT registered company, VAT must be added.